COVID-19 certainly has changed our lives in general and our relationship to others in our species in particular. Interesting that 60 countries are calling for an independent investigation of how WHO (World Health Organization) has handled the pandemic or “plan-demic” which has determined our CDC, FDA, and media response.
Aside from all of the uncertainties actual and fabricated, we have learned a lot about the new virus. There is no doubt that COVID-19 is a nasty virus and it kills; NOT as many as the inflated numbers in America show but nevertheless, it kills a lot of people who are mostly in high-risk groups. Of course, there are exceptions.
The current narrative from WHO on down does NOT work for me: “There is nothing you can do to protect yourself until we get a vaccine. Wash your hands and stay home.” These recommendations are good but inadequate.
This virus has generated a lot of INTEREST in the IMMUNE SYSTEM although the conventional narrative, rubber-stamped by the me-too media, tells the public there is nothing it can do to strengthen the immune system which is POOR ADVICE that goes AGAINST decades of research and clinical experience.
Bottom line: Every cell and system in the human body is fueled by our food choices, which is where protection from COVID-19, or anything else, begins. A pandemic is NOT the time to indulge in COMFORT foods which tend to be addictive, nutrient deficient, and contain little or no fiber. They are also very HIGH in sugar, salt, and non-nutritive additives – the perfect fuel for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, auto-immune disease, cancer, as well as fungal, bacterial, and viral infections, etc.
Anything that goes wrong with the human body is NOT going to be improved with a bad diet – including both food and beverage that produce inflammation and disease.
This is a good time to reassess one’s genetic predispositions, current health issues, and see if your diet and lifestyle choices are compatible with building health and preventing disease, including COVID-19.
1) I start with Life Extension’s Healthy Aging Panel Comprehensive and Basic Sex Hormone Panel (based on gender). Life Extension’s annual Lab Test Sale is going on NOW through July 13. These two panels together provide information that I consider necessary to determine the state of one’s health, and a roadmap identifying where improvements need to be made.
2) Know the test results for Vitamin D, inflammation markers (HS-CRP, homocysteine, and fibrinogen), white blood cell components (immune system function), red blood cell components (anemia), iron status (iron and ferritin), minerals/electrolytes, blood sugar components (glucose, insulin, A1c, and triglycerides), thyroid components (TSH, T4, and Free T3), liver and kidney components, cholesterol components, and urinalysis.
One friend took the test results from these two tests to her doctor who said these were great, but that in order to get all of the tests represented here he would have to send her to multiple doctors. American medicine is divided into specialties making it difficult to get all of the needed information from one source.
These tests are used for preventing disease. Medicare will NOT cover these tests and insurance companies do NOT cover tests to prevent disease. If you are already sick, insurance will pay for some of the tests that are disease-coded for insurance purposes.
We have already seen the outcome for patients in LATE stage COVID-19 who are sick enough to be admitted to a hospital. Ventilators proved lethal. The lag time between COVID-19 symptoms and receiving medical care has been much too long to be considered “early in the disease.”
Note: I don’t plan to be part of the learning curve.
- It is a contagious virus.
- Prevention is up to the individual, NOT conventional medicine which says you cannot prevent COVID-19.
- Conventional medicine is locked into the germ theory which relies on prescription drugs and vaccines and ignores or denigrates everything else.
- In functional or integrative medicine, host defenses are optimized by increasing the vitality of the immune system with health-promoting foods, targeted supplements, and herbs that are NOT part of conventional medicine, and by using conventional medicine’s prescription drugs when necessary.
- Prevention involves paying attention to the HOST TERRAIN – correcting nutritional deficiencies, embracing a healthy lifestyle, and supporting the immune system with anti-viral and anti-bacterial nutraceuticals which determine if one escapes the virus or secondary bacterial infection, or if one has a mild case which doesn’t require hospitalization or oxygen.
- Since more than 70% of the human immune system is located in the gut, it pays to correct any problems in the GI tract.
- Many who test positive have NO symptoms. Does testing positive mean:
- The individual has been exposed to the disease and the immune system has enough vitality to keep the disease from manifesting? Or,
- The person has the disease and it will manifest at some point?
There are some great outside-the-box thinkers in conventional medicine. Their contributions are often short-lived before the powers-that-be find a way to discredit them.
1) Dr. Vladimir Zalenko, MD
Dr Zalenko is author of the COVID-19 protocol using Hydroxychloroquine, Azythromycin, and Zinc Sulfate to prevent the virus and to treat the virus in the EARLY stages when SYMPTOMS FIRST APPEAR. His interviews place the first 5 days as the window of opportunity to stop the virus. On day 6 and 7, he finds the virus explodes.
His track record has a 100% success rate among his patients with NO hospitalizations and therefore, NO ventilators. The study shooting his protocol out of the saddle and eliminating it from a hospital setting was run on LATE STAGE COVID-19 patients. Dr. Z has said all along that his formula WILL NOT WORK IN LATE STAGE CASES.
Heart issues are the main complaint with the use of Hydroxychloroquine, namely heart arrhythmias. Dr. Z’s cardiology colleagues acknowledge that hydroxychloroquine can cause heart arrhythmias when administered to patients at END-STAGE COVID. However, many doctors are using the formula for prevention on themselves and their families. The media is telling the public it is dangerous and NOT to use it. The media is biased and NOT a reliable source of medical information.
2) Dr. Paul Marik, MD:
Dr. Marik developed a successful treatment for SEVERE SEPSIS and SEPTIC SHOCK which is a complication of end-stage COVID-19. The death rate from sepsis went from 44% to 8% on Marik’s protocol which consists of intravenous hydrocortisone (an anti-inflammatory), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), and thiamine (a B vitamin). It is called the HAT protocol, shortened from the first letters of its components. As can be expected, his detractors point to “a lack of evidence.” In the meantime, his protocol is NOT part of standard-of-care and people continue to die from sepsis.
3) MATH+ protocol:
MATH+ has been developed by five critical-care physicians who have formed the FRONT LINE COVID-19 CRITICAL CARE WORKING GROUP (FLCCC). The MATH+ protocol must be started within the FIRST 6 HOURS after hospitalization.
The MATH+ protocol gets its name from:
- Intravenous Methylprednisolone (a steroid)
- High-dose intravenous Ascorbic acid (a vitamin)
- Plus optional treatments Thiamine (vitamin B1), vitamin D and zinc (2 vitamins and 1 mineral)
- Full dose low molecular weight Heparin (blood thinner)
This protocol is designed to address the following:
Phase 1 is the viral replication phase. Typically, patients will only experience mild symptoms, if any, during this phase. At this time, it’s important to focus on antiviral therapies.
In Phase 2, the hyperinflammatory immune response sets in, which can result in organ failures (lungs, brain, heart and kidneys). The MATH+ protocol is designed to treat this active phase, but it needs to be administered EARLY enough.
MATH + is the newer kid on the block. It is NOT part of standard-of-care. It will be interesting to see what happens to it in the hands of the “let’s discredit-everything-unless-it-is-a-vaccine” crowd.
Note that all three of these anti-COVID-19 protocols use vitamins and a mineral which are NOT part of conventional medicine’s tool kit.
Disclaimer: Only MD’s by law can make medical claims. Therefore, these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The contents of this post are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician (preferably a physician practicing functional medicine) or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.